One of my fears became a reality today. I fear making a major mistake that requires the entire US gov. to help cover up.
Today was somewhat productive. I managed to work on the jPod between yard-work and other duties. I did some follow-up sealing work underneath the trailer where the walls attach to the floor. I also got the inside of one wall wired up and skinned.
Right at the end of the day, I decided to cut the newly skinned inside for the doorways, electrical access, and windows. I pulled out the router and cut away. The “oh-poop” moment struck when I drilled a pilot hole for the router that should have been in the electrical access point on the galley bulkhead. I was confused by some of my pencil marks on the wall and drilled it too low. SON OF A BISCUIT! Of course by this point, my polyurethane adhesive was pretty much dried and nothing would pull the skin off of the inside unless it was a good fire.
So I have a 5/8 hole to work with. I don’t want to patch it because that will show through a natural finish. I need to find a creative way to work with the hole. Apparently, my brain hates me and thinks that the challenge of building a tear for the first time isn’t quite enough problem solving. Oh well.
In a more joyful mood, I ordered the hinges for the cabin doors. I decided to go with McMaster’s Harsh Environment Living Hinge. It is a UV resistant plastic hinge that can hold 100lbs per square inch. It should be durable and will be easier to seal up than a conventional piano hinge. Plus, it should be pretty quiet. I’ll add McMasters to my Material Supplier page when I receive the hinges.