5' x 8' DIY Weld-Together Teardrop Trailer Frame Kit
Made With Pride In North Idaho
What’s in the Basic Kit?
- A 5,000 lb trailer coupler
- 2 weld-on chain stay loops
- 5,000 lb trailer chains
- Splined Wheel Studs (x3)
- Lug Nuts (x3)
- Raw Steel Parts
- Trailer Side Rails (x2) – Predrilled for wiring, fenders, and body mounting.
- Crossmembers (x2) – Predrilled for wiring
- Trailer Frame Ends (x2)
- Corner Gussets (x4) – Predrilled for body mounts & stabilizer jack mounting
- Tongue Channel (x2) – Predrilled for wiring harness mounts
- Battery Tray components (x2)
- Body Mounting Tabs (x2) – Predrilled for mounting teardrop body
- Spare Tire Mount Parts
- Spare Tire Carrier Frame Mounts (x2)
- Spare Tire Mount Crossmember (1)
- Spare Tire Riser Channel (1)
- Spare Tire Mount Plate (1) – Predrilled for 5 x 4.5 wheel bolt pattern.
- Spare Tire Angle
- DIY Teardrop Trailer Frame Plans and Guide for the kit
- 20+ pages how-to guide for welding up the trailer
- Recommended tool list
- Planning for Paint or Powder-coating finish guide.
- Linked Demonstration Videos
- Additional Linked Resources
What’s in the Total kit?
Everything in the basic kit is included in the Total Kit, plus the following parts:
- The Overland Trailer custom torsion axle by Lippert and Dexter Axle (1100 lb capacity) – Made in USA
- Weld-on axle brackets with all mounting hardware.
How is this kit made?
Most parts are cut by a laser CNC machine for clean edges, perfect joints, and accurate hole placement.
ALL of the steel parts are pre-fabricated for welding and pre-drilled to fit the recommended wiring harness.
Get the Latest News on This Kit Before It’s Released!